Spearfish Softball Club Participation details
* Players from Spearfish and the surrounding communities of Belle Fourche and Lead-Deadwood are required to participate in formal tryouts in July. Tryout evaluation is completed by the Head Coach and a panel of softball experienced volunteers in order to determine team placement.
* If selected to participate in the Fall Softball program, players and parents are required to review and sign the associated Handbook. The Handbook includes expectations, attendance requirements, school representation, and academic parameters which basically mirror the Spearfish School Districts Policies and Procedures.
* Students in grades 7th-12th grade are eligible to participate.
* Players and parents are required to conduct themselves in a positive, upstanding manner to reflect the integrity and school spirit in the best way possible.
* The Spearfish Softball fall program understands that ‘Lettering’ in a school sport is not possible as an official Spearfish Club activity.
School Absenteeism related to Club activities
* Student absences due to a Club Activity may be excused, but not exempt to school discipline.
Player Softball Club Attendance requirements
* All players will be expected to be punctual to all practices, games, and mandatory events. Tardiness may result in consequences set forth by the coaching staff.
* Any absences that aren’t excused for the purpose of doctor appointments, illness, or other pre-approved reasons will be considered unexcused.
o 1st offense: player will not be allowed to play in the following game; parents will be contacted
o 2nd offense: player will not be allowed to play in any games for the following 7 days; parents will be contacted
o 3rd offense: meeting with parents; player may be excused from the program
* Missing games or practices due to participation in other sports will be regarded as unexcused absences, unless approved by the Softball Club Committee.
* During the school year, all players are expected to attend school on practice days and game days. If you have an excused absence from school, but still plan to attend a team event, please communicate that with your coaches.
* At no time will we expect you to miss an academic-related event for softball.
Use of Facilities
* The Softball Program will follow all insurance and facility use requirements as needed.
* The Softball Program may request the use of the Multi-purpose room for practices during times of inclement weather. We will coordinate with the proper channels if this need arises.