We apologize for the delay in sending out information for the season but due to COVID - 19 we have been awaiting updates and instruction by Mid Florida from Pop Warner Nationals.
Currently the State of Florida is in Phase 2. Phase 2 for sports means we are under no-contact conditioning/play instructions. We are awaiting to see if the State of Florida will be changing phases before the season begins. We are also awaiting clearance from the County at this time to open our Practice and Game Fields, which are currently still closed to the public. We will continue to update you on how the season will start, and run, as we gather information from all areas through our website and social media.
We have added a Forms tab at the top of our page that includes some documents that may answer some of your questions at this time. These forms can also be found on the Football/Cheer Info Tabs as well.
Frequently asked questions for the Season 2020
When will conditioning begin? TBD - The league is looking to start at the end of August but we are awaiting the County to open Field.
When will the season begin? Mid Florida tentatively has a start date of August 29th 2020
When is the registration deadline, and when will paperwork be turned in? Registration deadline is August 14th, 2020. We will be doing our first contactless paperwork drop off on August 1st, 2020 between 9am-11am. Parents will drive up with all copies needed. The drop off location will be on the far side of the field (Cheer Parking Lot). Please see the 2020 Registration Requirements info on the Football and Cheer pages with detailed information on each form and verification documents needed. This is very important as if we need copies of any documents we will have limited access to a printer and we will not be able to have any parents or children on the field waiting for copies to be made.
What are the safety precautions set in place? Please refer to the Return to Play Guidelines under the Forms Tab or under the Football & Cheer Info Tabs.
If the season does not start or my child needs to be removed from the Roster due to my safety concerns with COVID - 19 will I be refunded? Yes, if you have any concerns due to COVID - 19 before the season starts or if the season does not start at all you will be given a full refund minus the $6.00 Blue Sombrero Processing Fee.
Please reach out to an Executive Board Member asap with any questions or concerns. Their contact information can be found on the About Us Page of our website.