- REMINDER Winter BP Sessions Begin - All Players Welcome – New and Returning – Ellington, Somers and Rockville/Vernon
Strength Training Program through YMCA for our player being offered. See below!
When: Begins- Every Sat/Sun/Thursday for BP with Pitcher/Catcher sessions in February
-Saturday January 4th - 2pm to 4pm
-Sunday January 5th - 2pm to 3pm
-Thursday Jan 9th - 7pm to 9pm
-Continues into March on same schedule
-We expanded times to give more opportunities to get some swings in. Come as you can, but we’ll try to stagger first hour for younger players up to age 15 and second hour 16+
**Easton will be providing our program steep discounts and rep will take orders for any equipment you may want to purchase (Legion bats/HS bats, bat bags/packs, pants, helmets, gloves). We
Will have Easton Rep on site for January 11th.
Where: All Pro Elite Training Ctr, 701 Nutmeg Rd North, Suite 9, South Windsor (off of Route 5)
Cost: $75 for entire winter from January through mid-March, come to as many sessions as you would like. Bring check payable to Ellington American Legion Baseball.
Whether you are an interested player or returning veteran, please join us for pre-season indoor BP at our own private facility. We have worked out a special arrangement to secure the facility at a nominal cost to our program. All interested in Legion or Farmington Bank/Vantis league are welcome to join us for workouts. We will adjust time slots depending on age groups and turnout, but for first session we will start promptly at 2pm.
- All players will need to complete online Form 2 Registration. Please click on link here to register https://goo.gl/forms/cI4l6D8oNsjRIEgh1 (form may not be available yet until after BP begins)
- Wood Bat OnIy! Bring your own and we will also have some team bats you can use
- Bring Helmet, Bat, Batting Gloves, water
- Shorts or Sweats are fine – no need for full uniform/s – Returning players should wear team hats, practice shirt/shorts
- No metal cleats – Turf Shoes or Sneakers only
Coaches believe in this opportunity for our players to get some extra pre-season reps and work on fundamentals while at the same time giving coaches an opportunity to be introduced to new players before tryouts.
Tryouts Legion and Farmington Bank/Vantis Life League – Tentative for late Feb/Early March – stay tuned for details
- All interested players should attend (pls advise early of any conflicts) – Legion and Farmington Bank/Vantis
- Farmington Bank/Vantis League team/s are also being offered as part of our program – a great alternative with solid tradition for players who are not placed on a legion team
- Full gear - baseball pants, hat, turf cleats/sneakers, wood bat, glove and cup (bring water)
- $10 per player
- Per player cost is for summer season will be capped at $425 to $450which helps cover equip, fees, insurance, national registration, umpires and special venues. Advance payments welcome as teams begin to incur insurance/reg and equipment costs in January. Checks payable to Ellington-Somers American Legion Baseball. Any player who does not make the team will be fully refunded or refunded net of Farmington Bank/Vantis team fees which is to be determined. Final rosters will be established after tryouts. Our goal between Legion and Farmington Banks/Vantis teams is to provide an opportunity for any player to play summer ball at a high level in 2019!
Player Equipment/Gear Packages
- We provide hat, jersey/s, practice shirt, practice shorts and team bats (wood & wood composite)
- Additional gear can be ordered
NEW STRENGTH TRAINING FOR OUR PLAYERS