Website Manager

Eaton Little League

About Us

About Us

In 1956 A three quarter sized field was constructed. The outfield fence was set at a distance of 175 feet down the lines and 195 feet in center. The fence was made of wood post with metal panels that measured about 4 feet by 8 feet. These panels had advertisements on them which were sold as a fund raiser. The backstop was made of wire mesh. The dugouts were partially underground and built of cinder block and wood. They were about 3 feet deep. The stands had wood seats and foot boards, which were removed at the end of each season and replaced at the start of the next season. The concession stand and announcers booth were all in one. The concession stand was approximately 10 feet by 10 feet room. The announcer’s booth was up a ladder and was about 6 feet by 6 feet area. There were no restrooms at the park. This field was used for Major and Minor league play.
In the late 1960's the dream began to expand to a new field. This field would be for a senior league program. Spearheaded by Jack Cobb, this field was also built. It was located beyond the outfield fence of the Major Field with home plate close to where the old house sat. The back stop and fencing were chain link. Because of Eaton Lewisburg Road the outfield fences were short in distance. The home plate was located so that late in the day the setting sun would be in the batters' eyes.
In the late 1960's a concrete block building was constructed outside of the right field fence line of the major field. This was about 20 feet by 20 feet building and divided into two rooms. This was a girls and boys restroom facility.
Then in the mid 1970's the dream expanded again. A Tee league field was built. This field was located northwest of the Major Field. The left outfield fence was about 8 feet from the third base line fence of the Major Field. Also, in the 1970's a new concession stand was built. It was located between the three fields.
In the mid 1980's a minor league field was added. Located behind the first base line bleachers of the major field. This venture was led by Jim Lowman. The area was limited, so the fencing was higher than normal.
A coach pitch field was added in the 1990's. There were many improvements made to the entire park in the 1990's. This included a total overhaul of the major and senior fields. With the addition of lights at the major field.
The little vacant lot that began as a small field of dreams so many years ago had become a baseball complex that is undoubtably one of the finest in the state.  After Charles Blakeman's sudden death in 1962 The Park was named Blakeman Field in his honor.
Many people were involved in making Blakeman Field that we know today. It began with Charles Blakeman, Dr. Richard Siehl, Edwin Robinette, and Donald Zigle. These men were the first, but I am sure that many other people who we do not have the name of were as involved as these gentlemen.

Field Status

  • Eaton Little League complex

    Updated: 04/09/2023 07:44PM
    • T Ball Field #1

Featured Sponsor



Eaton Little League

 200 East Lexington Road
Eaton, Ohio 45320

Phone: 937-533-1474
Email: [email protected]

Copyright © 2024 Eaton Little League  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In